Setting Up Beta!

More
12 Oct 2021 18:36 #128018 by adetia
adetia created the topic: Setting Up Beta!
Step by Step:

1. Download the Beta patcher:
launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_Beta_setup.exe

2. Double click the downloaded patcher and let it start doing its thing. Eventually you will get a launcher like looking screen that is clearly patching files.

3A. IF YOU ARE COMPUTER SAVVY: You can cancel the patcher after it gets to like 2-3% (it will have created folders by then), and copy the contents of your LIVE installation into your new BETA installation.... but do yourself a favor and DO NOT copy your logs.

3B. If you are not computer savvy, and have no bandwidth cap on your internet service, then just let it do its thing.

4. Load into beta. Your character, if you did your /beta properly, will appear in the list. If not, then you can make a new toon WITH NOT YOUR REAL EQ NAME (please), and betabuff it if you like.

5. Log ALL THE WAY OUT OF BETA.

6. Go to your LIVE install, and find these files:
*note: for all file changes obviously you will be using your own character name!*

UI_Adetia_luclin
Adetia_luclin
eqclient.ini

Copy these to your BETA install, and change the name on the first two to say BETA instead of luclin.
They would now look like:
UI_Adetia_beta
Adetia_beta

NOTE: If you are running a custom UI it may not work on beta, they are frequently broken.

If you have any problems or questions, contact myself or Meopal here or in teamspeak or in game.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

As of today, Tuesday October 12th, the server is UP.
You will need a key from me before you are able to play and finish your ingame set up, however, if you pre-order, your access will be immediate.

forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?th...uctions-faqs.277778/

It's time for EverQuest: Terror of Luclin Beta testing to begin!

Playing on the beta server will grant you a special reward for your live accounts and will help provide us with valuable feedback as we work to polish the expansion before launch.

Here is all the information you'll need to help you get started with beta:

HOW DO I ACCESS THE BETA SERVER?

Use the beta launcher to access the beta server.
If you don’t already have the beta launcher, you can directly download it here. (There may be a lot of data for you to download, so please be patient and plan accordingly!)
Be sure to run the beta server LaunchPad shortcut every time before you log in. Failing to do so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed by patching.

I KEEP GETTING A 1017 ERROR. HOW DO I FIX THAT?

What time is it? If between 5AM and 7AM PT, please wait until 7AM and update your client. We run an automated update every morning that pushes out the latest to beta.
If it's not during our update time, make sure that you've updated your beta client and that in LaunchPad it's still pointed to the "Beta" version.

HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO THE BETA SERVER?

Run /beta in your chat window on the character that you would like copied.
We've scheduled scripts that will copy characters to the beta server to run alongside the morning patch.
Please note that it can take several days for us to copy your character, depending on patches.

HOW DO I USE THE /betabuff COMMAND?

We want people to be able to test the content with a variety of classes and levels. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command.
To beta buff, use this command on a level 1 character: /betabuff
This command will only work if the character was created on the beta server and is level 1.
You should target your character to be Level 115 when the beta starts.

HOW DO I GET TO BETA ZONES?

When you get onto the beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren.

HOW LONG IS THE BETA?

The beta test is scheduled to end sometime in December before the launch of the expansion. However, this may be subject to change.

HOW CAN I LEAVE BETA FEEDBACK?
There are three methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta:

Beta Bug Reports
/bug command
Terror of Luclin Beta Forums (right here!)

Starting a thread in the Beta Bug Reports section of the forums is the preferred way to submit bugs. You should search through pre-existing threads and like the top post on that thread if it is important to you. If you have additional information about the bug, please add a comment to the thread. If you cannot find your issue, please make a new thread. When creating a new thread, please make a new separate thread for each issue instead of including multiple things in one thread.
/bug is another way to report bugs. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, or anything else that does not work as intended. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can when reporting it.
You can also leave feedback, ask questions, or discuss topics on right here our Beta boards! For the most part, these boards should be used to discuss parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less Wisdom (WIS) and more Intelligence (INT), post it here. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, post it here.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION

DO NOT USE /claim or the loyalty merchant on beta. This is tied to your live account and will affect your claim items and loyalty crown balance on live.
Beta installs into a separate folder that will take up about the same amount of space as the live game version.
The beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching will occur whenever it is necessary (and frequently between 5 AM and 7 AM PT, as mentioned above).
The beta server will get wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
If you find yourself in dire need of assistance, you can use /petition to contact us for help. Please only petition if the situation is one that you can't correct yourself. For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition. You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.
There is no Non-Disclosure Agreement specifically for this beta session. However, we would still prefer that beta-related discussions are kept in the beta forums so that we can keep track of and find information more easily.

Again, thank you for your time and effort in testing this expansion. Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds